RED ORCHID CACTUS
Orchid cactus is an attractive trailing house plant that does not need direct sunlight to thrive which makes it a versatile choice for interior decoration. Its stems are erect at first becoming pendant as the grow up to 50cm long and up to 7cm wide. The flowers are bright red up to 10cm in diameter.
- Care Tips
- Additional information
CARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR RED ORCHID CACTUS
– Soil: Free draining succulent soil
– Sun Exposure: It thrives in indirect bright light. In later summer/early autumn make sure the plant receives a little full sun (although not peak afternoon heat), this will encourage it to produce flowers.
– Watering: water abundantly through the warmer months but let it dry out between watering. Water less frequently during the winter months.
– Hardiness: keep at a normal room temperature
– Latin Name: Epiphyllum ackermannii or Disocactus achermannii
– Common Name: Red Orchid Cactus
– Origin: Tropical forests of Veracruz and Oaxaca in Mexico